Sunday, June 9, 2013

Vivid's Only Half

To say vivid is understated. Dreams illusive majority. 

Riding skyward, seemingly upward into the stratosphere
Perched upon a precariously high ledge in a mountain range taller than I've ever seen
Giant snowfields scream
I enter a community of quaint but meticulously constructed dwellings
The path I walk is sheer rockface, clinging, I manoeuvre along
A local elder shimmys past, hot beverage in hand, not phased by depths unseen below
I fear for the only moment in this journey
Lucid awareness of my situation, means falling would translate to immediate dismissal 
Hand and foot holds stay true
I round a corner and vast beauty greets my minds eye
Snowfields forever, jagged cliffs hold them steady
An enchanting Beauty greets me, she beacons me to follow
I walk, not rushed, but earnest
Weaving between clusters of stone and homes
Warm and earnest souls follow my journey from dark corners
Neither dread nor apprehension enter my thoughts
I follow, as Beauty leads round corner after corner
I'm now standing on the precipice
Green water greener than green itself
Never have I seen placid like this
Impervious to the bitter howls of high born winds
I can't help but hold and stare, caught mesmerized
Beauty whispers 
Attention immediately shifts
We enter her home on waters edge
This place is comfortable, ancient, and adorned accordingly
Beauty's father enters, his soul feels older than time
He looks at me for an eternity
In that time I stand, locked eye to eye
The moment passes and he is gone
Just beauty and I stand
I dare to glance upon her only to find myself alone
The abandon doesn't touch my heart
She is still with me
I leave the confines of the endless
And wander strengthened by what I now know
I look downwards, discovering deep green placid under my feet
I walk no more, but instead look to the eternal sky above
And wake.   

No comments:

Post a Comment