Friday, June 21, 2013

Rolling Digital Dice & Tapping Broken Glass

I spent a majority of my morning clicking buttons on a comptuer, rolling digital dice in Baldurs Gate attempting to get the best possible scores for my characters attributes (abilities). If you're unfamiliar with D&D these are: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charism. These define how well your character does as it interacts with the world. Kinda important, so I took the time to get a banging roll. The character I'm creating is a half-elf multi-class fighter/mage. His name is Weize Gladefire. He's proficiant with morning stars and claims, and two-handed fighting style. I'm quite excited as this will mark my return to the Forgotten Realms universe aka Faerûn. Exciting, I know. Starting out fresh always has it's challenges, especially multi-classing, as I'll level up slower, but in the end, the benefits will far out weigh the sluggish start. I'll have the fighting skills to hold up in combat, with the added bonus of being able to use magic. And using magic, at least for myself, is quintessential if I'm embarking on a fantastical journey. I'll embellish more as my journey unfolds.

Speaking of embarking on new outtings, I've typed this all in the blogger app on my phone, which happens to have a shattered screen. Although shattered, it all still works, and sometimes you just have to use what's available to you at any particular moment. Unfortunately, I'm tired of pecking on this piece of shit, so I'll write more when I have a real computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment